Geotechnical Engineer 6
Company: CDM Smith
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: September 19, 2022
31755BRRequisition ID:31755BRBusiness Unit:TSUJob
Description:CDM Smith is seeking a full time Senior Geotechnical
Engineer with expertise in geotechnical engineering specifically in
airfield pavement design.This position can be based out of any U.S.
based CDM Smith office. We offer a hybrid work environment allowing
for working in the office and remotely from home.As a member of our
Geotechnical Team you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission
- Providing senior level experience with Unified Facilities
Criteria for Airfield Pavement Design, Unified Facilities Guide
Specifications, FAA Advisory Circulars, and AASHTO flexible and
rigid pavement design standards required.
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate mid to large size field
and laboratory services for transportation-related projects
including airfield and roadway pavement projects, embankment design
and retaining structures
- Perform and/or oversee geotechnical engineering analyses and
evaluations for the design of new pavements and overlays, pavement
condition surveys, pavement rehabilitation, and reconstruction
- Perform and/or oversee geotechnical engineering analyses and
evaluations for other project types consistent with successful
applicants expertise. This could include: earthwork, dewatering,
and excavation support; shallow/deep foundations; pipelines; dams,
reservoirs, and levees; solid waste; tunneling, micro-tunneling,
and pipe jacking; or geo-environmental projects
- Write engineering reports and prepare Contract Documents
- Oversee engineering services during construction on projects
involving pavement design and other project types consistent with
successful applicants expertise
- Prepare scope, schedules and budgets for proposals
- Manage projects, subcontractors, and geotechnical staff on
multi-disciplined projects and work within multi-disciplined team
- Directing the work of a staff of up to 5 engineers and
- Acting as mentor for lower-level employees
- Maintaining liaison with individuals and units within or
- Work with clients in the federal, public, and private
sectorsJob Title:Geotechnical Engineer 6Group:ISOEmployment
- Bachelor's degree in Geotechnical, Civil, Mining or Geologic
Engineering or related discipline. Professional engineering (PE)
- 10 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The
frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties,
responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position,
which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be
considered in lieu of a degree.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical
- Experience in all types of subsurface explorations, laboratory
testing, foundation engineering, analysis, engineering report
writing, preparation of contract documents.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- 15 years of related experience in pavement design for
airfields, streets, and highways. Experience with Unified
Facilities Criteria for Airfield Pavement Design, Unified
Facilities Guide Specifications, FAA Advisory Circulars, and AASHTO
flexible and rigid pavement design standards required.
- Experience on transportation projects with municipal, state,
and federal agencies
- International experience with airfield pavement is a plus.
- Experience with PCASE is a plus.
- Experience in Roller-Compacted Concrete for pavements and
channel/basin liner projects is a plus.
- Experience in dams, trenchless technology / tunnels, and large
civil projects is a plus.
- Experience with water and wastewater projects with state,
county and municipal agencies is a plus.
- Experience with staff management, project management and
business development is a plus.EEO Statement:We attract the best
people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow.
We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment.
We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines
and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan,
design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients.
CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and
pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship
status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.Why CDM Smith?:Check
out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
(https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)Join Us! CDM
Smith where amazing career journeys unfold.Imagine a place
committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you
work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an
active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers
are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and
supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to
do so. Where its a priority that the company takes good care of you
and your family.Our employees are the heart of our company. As an
employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging,
progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal
leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We
value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver
world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our
team, and together we will make a difference and change the
world.Job Site Location:United States - NationwideAgency
Disclaimer:All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement
Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive
payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any
other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding
terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume
submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center
Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will
not be held liable to pay a placement fee.Amount of Travel
Required:20%Assignment Category:Fulltime-RegularVisa Sponsorship
Available:No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN
Visas for this positionU.S. Vaccine Status:CDM Smith Inc. and its
divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as
CDM Smith) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and
its employees adhere to all applicable government and client
Keywords: CDM Smith, Boca Raton , Geotechnical Engineer 6, Engineering , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!