VP of Server Engineering
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Do you want to get a foot in the door at an online Advertising
and Media company that has seen tremendous growth? Do you want to
work in the world of online video; one of the fastest growing
advertising formats in the world? Then Playwire is the place for
you--- Playwire Media is a full-service digital innovation partner
that leverages online advertising and proprietary technologies to
build publishing brands in the gaming and entertainment verticals.
To keep pace with our explosive growth, Playwire seeks a talented
professional to join our team as our first VP of Server
Engineering. Playwire deploys its own cloud-based server-side code
for a variety of essential functions, from the configuration of our
client-side ad products, to critical reporting systems used both by
employees and customers. We are increasingly responsible for the
administration and modification of third-party systems as well; our
server-side horizons are expanding! As our server-side capabilities
expand, we need a thoughtful, experienced leader to organize our
server-side efforts across a wide range of products and use cases,
crafting a coherent strategy for scaling and management. The
successful candidate will be a domain expert who can discover
requirements, evaluate technologies, deeply understand the
complexities of our tech and ad stack, and craft a vision for
server-side excellence - then execute upon it. This is a leadership
role; you'll manage and lead server-side engineers in their
development of our architecture and product, but also work closely
with many other teams to communicate capabilities, understand
issues, and coordinate with other leaders to rapidly execute on
projects that cross teams. We want people who are disciplined but
also creative, and unafraid to jump into projects that will be seen
and used by millions of people. You'll immediately be one of the
most senior members a technology team with a wide variety of
responsibilities and opportunities. This position requires
full-time employment; availability at our main office in Boca
Raton, FL is preferred, but remote work is a possibility. Essential
- Own our server infrastructure, making sure it is durable,
flexible, and scalable.
- Manage the roadmapping and execution of our server-side
- Provide hands-on leadership of the server-side engineering
team, with a willingness to get your hands dirty to show your team
members how it's done.
- Use your expertise to evaluate technologies and architectures,
and to establish best practices for server-side engineering.
- Work closely with multiple teams, but most importantly our
Yield Ops, Ops, creative, and product teams, to understand the
company's technology needs and craft the needed solutions, as well
as to communicate technical challenges to those teams and come up
- Work closely with other technology leaders, most particularly
in the execution of products and features that operate across
multiple parts of our stack.
- Communicate your progress to senior management, especially the
- Lead the hiring of additional server-side engineers for the
team, while also integrating contracted resources.
- Understand resources and scheduling requirements, and work with
project management to meet our project needs. Required
- 7+ years managing high-performing technical teams in an
environment of rapid development and company growth.
- 3+ years experience specifically managing teams focused on
online technology, with a significant cloud-based server component
to your tech stack.
- Experience working in a team using Agile development and
project management practices.
- Demonstrable expertise designing and building server-side
- Demonstrable experience with Ruby on Rails and at least one
other common language (and, potentially, framework) used for
- Demonstrable experience using test-driven development and
automated testing suites to help maintain server-side code.
- Demonstrable experience building products that have been forced
- Ability to shift between rapid prototyping to durable
development as the situation demands.
- Demonstrable experience tying together multiple services and
data sources, breaking apart functional components in the pursuit
of improved reliability and monitoring. Nice-to-haves:
- Experience using AWS's cloud hosting for server-side
- Experience with digital ad servers, SSPs, or ad exchanges.
- Experience with digital advertising units, terminology and
- Experience interacting with big data technologies and
Keywords: Playwire, Boca Raton , VP of Server Engineering, Engineering , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!