Principal Mechanical Engineer, Consumer Products
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: February 14, 2021
Principal Mechanical Engineer, Consumer Products Sensormatic
Solutions, by Johnson Controls, helps retailers deliver
frictionless personalized experiences by powering accurate
decision-making across the enterprise. We make connections and
bridge gaps across retail enterprises to deliver critical,
real-time insights into inventory, shoppers, associates and the
retail environment. We protect assets and people by helping to
ensure a safe and secure environment throughout the entire customer
journey. The Principal Mechanical Engineer performs product
engineering work requiring application of standard techniques,
procedures and criteria, in carrying out a sequence of related
mechanical engineering tasks, with the focus of releasing a product
to market. How you will do it
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by
implementing customer requirements, research, manufacturability and
assembly methods and materials.
- Proficiency using 2D/3D design software. Pro Engineer/CREO,
advanced surfacing tools preferred. Knowledge of the Master
Modeling/Skeleton technique required. Must be familiar with ASME
- Perform basic part/system tolerance analysis and stress
- Support Marketing and Product Development Teams as they
determine the appropriate design process for multiple, ongoing
- Provide a leadership role for the mechanical team with
engineering knowledge and expertise.
- The passion and ability to divert between tactical and
strategic efforts. What we look for Required
- Bachelors' Degree in Mechanical Engineering--
- 10-15 year suggested mechanical engineering experience;
specifically in the design and development of products.
- Must possess a combination of skills and characteristics with a
passion for design.
- An innovative thinker with strong interpersonal and
- Design engineering facilitator, with demonstrated experience in
various phases of product development, from conceptualization
- Strong observational skills, end-user empathy, with a focus on
defining customer problems and identifying solutions and
- The ability to address multiple and complex priorities, while
maximizing the use of existing resources.
- Working knowledge of the basic prototyping processes, including
SLA, FDM, CNC and RTV molding.
- Familiar with various manufacturing processes such as injection
molding, vacuum forming, sheet-metal, stampings and castings.
- Experience with mechanisms and dynamic designs.
- A team player with the ability to function in a dynamic,
fast-paced engineering environment, dependent on cross-functional
team cooperation. Johnson Controls is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability,
or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information,
please view--EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a
disability and you require an accommodation during the application
process, please visit--www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .
Previous Job Searches My Profile Create and manage profiles for
future opportunities. --- United States of America, Florida, Boca
Raton --- United States of America, Florida, Boca Raton
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Boca Raton , Principal Mechanical Engineer, Consumer Products, Engineering , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!