ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, OPERATIONS
Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Facility:--OPERATIONSCompensation Base:--Compensation Bonus (if
applicable):--Equal Opportunity Employer.Summary
- Under general guidance, performs all clerical and
administrative support for one or more Vice Presidents or higher
management within the organization. Work performed by this position
is sensitive and confidential in nature.--Primary Duties and
- Composes original general and routine correspondence such as
memorandums, letters, emails, agendas, and minutes of meetings on
behalf of the supported area. May be required to take minutes at
- Maintains and tracks a variety of records. Prepares standard
and routine reports, presentations, memorandums, letters, meeting
agendas, and minutes of meetings using software applications such
as word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, charts and databases.
Correspondence can be moderately complex or difficult and
generally, an overall knowledge of which is the best to use to
complete the work is required. At times, may be required to know
how to integrate more than one software application to prepare
- Maintains a variety of manual files and other reports.
Retrieves files and other reports as requested by staff. Suggests
opportunities when automation would assist in the overall
improvement of the group or department.
- Provides phone coverage for group. Accepts incoming calls on
behalf of the supported group and has the ability to respond to
general questions and inquiries. Has the ability to research other
questions and inquires and follows-up with original caller to
provide necessary information. Takes messages and directs them to
proper staff member when beyond the incumbent---s knowledge base.
Welcomes incoming visitors and directs them to proper staff
- Schedules meetings and appointments. Meetings and appointments
can be complex and require the incumbent to persuasively request
that attendees reschedule their previously scheduled times. May
also arrange travel schedules, transportation and overnight
accommodations, and food and beverage ordering.
- Performs other office activities to relieve the supported group
of administrative tasks. Photocopies documents for supported group.
Collates documentation as necessary. May perform other clerical
duties such as stuffing envelopes and filing. Completes routine
forms such as invoices, payroll documents, vouchers, etc. May order
and maintain office supplies.
- Accepts incoming mail and distributes it accordingly. Has the
ability to respond to general questions and inquiries on behalf of
- Performs other duties as assigned.--Job Requirements:Minimum
- High School diploma or equivalent. Additional education
typically obtained through technical college is desired.
- Proven ability to perform the overall duties and
responsibilities of this position with general guidance. This is
typically shown through two (2) to four (4) years of experience.
- An Associate---s degree may be substituted for up to one (1)
year of work experience or a Bachelor---s degree may be substituted
for up to two (2) years of work experience.
- Must have working knowledge of all software applications used
by the supported group. This typically includes using word
processing, spreadsheet, graphics, charts and database software
applications. Must be able to determine when various software
applications should be integrated together when completing
assignments. In addition, must be able to functionally use any
other software applications that are unique to the business unit
where this position operates.
- Must have thorough understanding of various equipment typically
found in an office environment.
- Must be able to compose a variety correspondence such as
memorandums, letters, agendas, summaries, etc. in a clear and
concise manner. Must be able to proofread the work of supported
staff and suggest changes when necessary.
- Must be able to speak clearly when interacting with others in
person or while on the telephone. Must be able to ask questions
when assignments are unclear or ambiguous. Must be able to
communicate with officials, clients and the general public.
- Must be able to complete assignments accurately and within the
given deadlines. Must be able to plan accordingly when deadlines of
current projects change.
- Must be able to work independently and in group settings. Must
be willing to lead the work of others on occasions.
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Boca Raton , ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, OPERATIONS, Administration, Clerical , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!