Senior Program Director
Company: YOUNG MENS CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF
Location: Boca Raton
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Level: - - -Experienced
Job Location: - - -Peter Blum Family YMCA - Boca Raton, FL
Position Type: - - -Full Time
Salary Range: - - -$60,000.00 - $65,000.00
Senior Program DirectorPOSITION SUMMARY:
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit,
charitable organization committed to strengthening community
through youth development, healthy living and social
responsibility. The Senior Program Director oversees assigned areas
of the operation and participates in volunteer and staff
development, financial development, and collaboration with
community stakeholders in various programs, such as aquatics,
teens, afterschool programs, summer camp, and/or other programs.
Recruits, trains and supports assigned staff. Provides liaison to
committee(s) and advisory board(s).
- Develops, implements, and manages operating plans to promote
program and/or membership growth for the YMCA. Executes strategies
to ensure that members and/or program participants connect with one
another and connect with the YMCA.
- Develops and controls department budgets related to the
- Hires, trains, and supervises staff and volunteers in assigned
areas. Facilitates communication and provides leadership. Models
relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all
- Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising
campaign and volunteer committees/
boards as assigned. Develops and maintains effective working
relationships within the community.
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures
that program standards are met and safety procedures are
- Ensures high quality member-focused programs through innovative
program development, evaluations and ongoing training of
- Develops and directs high quality member engagement strategies
which support branch and association goals and strategies.
Establishes plans for the expansion of programs and services, in
harmony with overall YMCA objectives and the leadership
- Provides data and reports as required for assigned
- Bachelor's degree in human services, social services,
recreation, business or equivalent.
- Four or more years of program management experience, preferably
in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers
and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and
public relations, program development and fund-raising.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse
- Proven track record of developing authentic and deepened
relationships with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community
- YMCA Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification
- CPR and First Aid certifications may be required.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Multi-Team or Branch Leader):
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Ys values within the
organization and the community. Effectively communicates the
benefits and impact of the YMCAs efforts for all stakeholders.
Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program,
fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and
support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers
reflect the community. Builds
and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the
YMCA. Serves as a community
leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to
advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to
attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and
for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes
to make decisions. Involves members and community in the
development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans.
Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and
financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse
abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive
tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can
sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the
functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform
well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and
skills in technology.
Keywords: YOUNG MENS CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF, Boca Raton , Senior Program Director, Accounting, Auditing , Boca Raton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!